Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pop-of-Color Semi-Formal Look


 Today I had to give a semi-formal speech. Our dress was to be polished and put-together. Specifically NO SWEATPANTS! So I came home and spent a while deciding what to wear (After rehearsing my speech of course!). This was crucial. Looking good and polished shows you care. It's just as important as your ideas and delivery! So, after much contemplation, I decided on this;

What I'm wearing:
- Paramore T-Shirt (Hot Topic)
- Pencil Skirt (Kohl's)
- Tights (Kohl's)

I created a twisted up do for my hair.
 I found the tutorial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdM0EIGtBTQ&list=PLkBptisA7xco6GE3lih0EuIWj7dEAI0Vv

I decided on red  nail polish, a powerful color that emanates strength.
The color is 369 Ruby Red by Sinful Colors

I think the black pencil skirt adds the formal aspect, but the messy up do and graphic tee makes it more casual and more appropriate. I love the contrast, especially with the polish. Normally, this look is a little out there for me, but I took a risk and loved the result. Take a risk with your style. Even if it's simply adding a bright nail polish, or a statement accessory.

Be yourself and show your style! XOXO
~ FashionistaGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment